Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Fresh Start...

Over the past year I've faced a big life changing experience and next month will mark the one year mark when I lost my job. At this time and over the past couple of weeks I've taken the time to reflect on a lot that's happen through this year I have learned so much about myself and can admit I have had my weakest moments but I'm clearly becoming stronger then I've ever been. I feel like this was my Life test that God placed in front of me and said ... " C'mon I know you can do it so let's go time to get this show on the road"

The adjustment wasn't easy at first there was the major shock as far as my income and the first thing that came to mind was "How am I going to survive off of this income?"

The loss of my job became an extreme reality to me and as an extreme reality the daily routine I was once accustomed to was no longer something I had to do anymore. Literally I was FREE from the corporate world now it was my choice to jump back into that routine or really take a step back and decide if I'm going to work at fulfilling my dreams this was it it's now or never. I felt like God is giving me this opportunity to change my life because subconsciously it's what I've wanted but just have always been to afraid to admit.

So it began my days would no longer consist of waking up at 5am to drive in traffic for almost 2 hours to get to work for 8 hours and then drive home in traffic again for 2 hours. If I were to add all those hours up "Damb that's alot of time I spent wasted that got me nowhere" and I could choose to look at the negative side of the situation but... I can't look on the negative side of things in order to move forward I'm choosing to look at the positive side. Working at a young age I've gained experience and gained a good work ethic and I learned to be a professional first and foremost in everything I do.

I have goals and dreams I want to fulfill and I've never taken the time to pursue them out of fear of not knowing how to fulfill my dreams and stay committed to my job, I always had that little ounce of fear that would pull me back just as I was about to venture out.

Now fast forward to the present just about one year later I may not be as far along as I want to be with my goals but I'm definitely heading in the right direction and everyday I'm making progress. My extreme love for music and art has place me in two directions first I'm venturing out as a freelance Graphic Designer and I'm loving and learning every minute of it. Second I love music and I continue to work on my DJing even if it's only in my bedroom that also serves as my Creation Cave for the time being.

Through this process I've learned that there is nothing wrong with wanting to fulfill all of your goals God gave us talents and ... "Damb it!" if I have 20 God given talents I'm going to use all of them to the best of my ability.
I'm proud to say that I'm truly happy with where I am even though it's been a scary venture and at the moment even though things may not be perfect I'm positive that everything is going to get better and I will get to where I want to be.

I've surrounded myself with amazing friends who share the same views and values I've cut ties with ones that I can no longer tolerate the negative effect that they would bring. My family is amazing and have been my strongest supporters and I'm truly blessed with amazing friends and family.

CHEERS to new beginnings and continued progress and success.

Jenny Jenn :)

"Your life is the manifestation of your dream; it is an art. And you can change your life anytime if you aren't enjoying the dream" ~ Don Miguel Ruiz

1 comment:

  1. Keep working and the results will.come on.their.own ~ 3yrs ago I experienced a similar situation and thats how.I ended.up doing stand up, just 2 months I experienced the most significant wake up call of my life and its all for the.better despite how grim things looksd at the time. Keep a positive outlook and dont settle ~ Congrats on ur new life ~ ENJOY THE RIDE!

    ReplyDelete

Where has the time gone?

 I'll say it once as I've said it before I've been away from this blog site for a while now and wow it actually feels good to ge...